We have records about approximately 5000 individuals named Braund. The majority of these can be attached to one of our 22 branches.
Our data includes:-
Births, Marriages and Deaths
- A list of all Braunds whose births were registered in England or Wales between 1st July 1837 and 31st December 2005.
- A list of all Braunds whose marriages were registered in England or Wales between 1st July 1837 and 31st December 2005.
- A list of all Braunds whose deaths were registered in England or Wales between 1st July 1837 and 31st December 2005.
- A list of all Brawns whose births, marriages or deaths were registered in south west England between 1st July 1837 and 31st December 1851.
- Braund births & marriages 1840-1990 and deaths 1840-1900 registered in New Zealand.
- Braund births 1788-1905, marriages and deaths 1788-1945 registered in New South Wales, Australia.
- Braund births 1837-1920, marriages 1837-1942 and deaths 1837-1985 registered in Victoria, Australia
- We have a growing collection of copies of birth, marriage and death certificates; additions to this collection are welcome.
Baptisms, Marriages and Burials
- Church records of baptism, marriage and burial
- Information from registers of baptism, marriage and burial, concentrating on Devon and Cornish parishes.
- Information on all Braunds who appear in the 1841-1911 censuses for England and Wales.
- Information about Braunds from US and Canadian censuses.
- Information about Braunds from the UK 1939 Register.
- Records of Braunds who served in the army, navy. and airforce, in the UK and elsewhere.
- Records of Braunds who entered the customs service.
- Records of Braunds who worked in the dockyards.
- Copies of all Braund wills available from the Cornwall and Devon Record Offices and the Public Record Office at Kew.
- Some pre 1858 Braund wills from other areas.
- Copies of all Braund wills proved in England or Wales between 12th January 1858 and 31st December 1900.
- Details of all Braund wills proved in England and Wales between 1st January 1901 and 31st December 1995.
- Details of all Braund letters of administration granted in England and Wales between 12th January 1858 and 31st December 1995.
- Inscriptions from gravestones.
- Inquisitions Post Mortem.
- Chancery case proceedings.
- Tax lists for Devon and Cornwall.
- Land leases.
- Newspaper articles from the index to the British Newspaper Library
- Newspaper articles from New Zealand’s Papers Past
- We have a list of all known Braunds who emigrated from the UK prior to 1900.
- We have a significant photographic archive of pre 1900 Braunds.