Although we believe that all Braunds are connected and our DNA project is proving this, the records required to link these family trees on paper do not survive. This means that we have a number of different Braund family trees, that we call the Braund branches. The list below shows who is at the top of each tree. The branches shown in italic have no representatives amongst our current society membership. The spelling of Braund varies considerably in all branches of the family but in some branches alternative spellings have perpetuated and this is indicated below.
1. William Braund of Black Torrington, born c.1465.
2. William and Agnes Braund of West Putford, married c.1669.
3. Jacob and Joanne Braund of Bradford, married c. 1675.
4. John and Zenobia Braund née Colwill, married at Black Torrington 1683.
5. Hugh and Grace Braund née Oxenham, married at West Putford 1715.
6. John and Florence Braund, married at Northlew 1715.
7. William and Elizabeth Braund of Halwill by Holsworthy, married c.1718.
8. William and Mary Braund née Badcock, married at Marhamchurch, Cornwall 1792.
9. Richard and Catherine Braund née Colville, married at Lawhitton, Cornwall 1802.
10. Number not currently in use.
11. John and Grace Braund née Toll, married at Broadwoodwidger 1753.
12. John and Sarah Braund née Fishleigh, married at Milton Damerel 1803.
13. Number not currently in use.
14. Humphrey and Frances Braund of Cookbury, married c. 1804.
15. John and Margaret Braund née Gribble, married at Fremington 1730.
16. Number not currently in use.
17. Richard and Jane Braund of Boyton, Cornwall, married c. 1760.
18. William and Margery/Margaret Braund née Peacock, married in Stoke Damerel 1783.
19. William and Joanne Braund née Burdon, married in Black Torrington 1572.
20. John and Rebecca Braund née Hopkins, married in Black Torrington 1678.
21. Samuel and Mary Braund née Alford, married in Exeter 1834.
22. Michael and Margaret Braund née Lange, married in Totnes 1631.
23. Mary Braund of Clovelly, born c. 1800.
24. William and Mary Braund née Andrew, married in Buckland Brewer 1786.
25. Hugh and Mary Braund née Prance, married in Parkham 1690.
Alternatives spellings include:-
Bround – particularly in branch 4
Broan – particularly in branch 6
Brawn – particularly in branches 6, 9, 12, 13 and 22
Brann – particularly in branch 22